Search This Blog

Thursday 13 August 2015

TEXAS CHAINSAW MASTERPIECE

Tobe Hoopers TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE exists on a totally different level to all other horror movies. I must admit as a youngster it was with much trepidation that I  popped that video cassette into the VCR  such was the notoriety that preceded this movie, even the movie title sounds unethically ominous than any other . My caution was well founded - gritty, grim, atmospheric it along with the whining of the chainsaw comes nihilistic shocks and genuine terror, it's one movie I remember that long after the final credits rolled past as it  left me with a genuine deep seated unease and a dread for many many dark nights.
 Its a Texas Chainsaw Masterpiece and on a pant soiling scare scale I'd give it 9 marks...  (ergh marks!?! ... that ranking system sounds more laundry intensive than intended!) 



TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE

No comments:

Post a Comment