Search This Blog

Friday 14 August 2015

ADORE LEATHERFACE


Now here's where the actual Leatherface from the amazing original TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE  compliments ME on my chainsawing skills!

That  weird oblongly thing in the middle of the image behind Mr. Gunnars head is a superimposed  crop showing a close up of the sketch book page that I actually slashed through, you can see actual daylight shining through. It represent the moment in the movie when Leatherface while chasing Sally ends up with a locked door in his leathery face so he proceeds to rev up his chainsaw and nosily slice though the wooden door prompting Drayton sawyer the eldest of the brothers to utter the classic line "You damn fool you've ruined the door!"
 Gunnar used a live fully functioning chainsaw while acting in this sequence and in his vigour managed to put a cut in the door frame by accident. The owner of the property didn't want the original door to be destroyed so luckily for him a mock up door had been used. The actual house that was used during the filming was later sold and  cut into six pieces by an investor and moved to a nearby location, sadly not because of its links to the annals of horror movie history but because it was a nice building and once relocated it was carefully restored and is  currently used as a  restaurant, part of The Antler Hotel in Kingsland.

It really made my day when Gunnar congratulated me on having the chainsaw holes looking identical to the ones that he put in the door when filming, its a pleasing feeling when little touches I've thrown in get noticed.

I only wished as I took this picture of Gunnar Hansen that I could get my camera to make that scary noise made when the flashes goes off at the beginning of TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE!


I'll refrain from adding a joke here...
but I imagine you're all saying"Oh, pun the door!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment